Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Checklist: What's Been Done So Far

Image

Since Chicago and also while in Chicago, I have been pretty darn busy.  This wedding planning is a job that I'm only getting paid for in love...that's ok I guess. LOL  Anyway, below is a checklist of things that are suppose to get done between now and a year before my wedding.  This is quite useful so by all means use it if you must.  You can also have a checklist generated for you on theknot.com.


  1. Get Organized
  2. Envision your wedding style and wedding colors
  3. Talk budget with your family and find out who's contributing
  4. Get ring insurance for your engagement ring
  5. Wedding announcements
  6. Pick a wedding date
  7. Interview wedding coordinators
  8. Envision your wedding dress
  9. Get in wedding day shape
  10. Hire a wedding coordinator
  11. Research caterers
I've gotten most of the things on my list done!  As I won't go into detail about all of the items, I will tell you my favorites!

I found and purchased my wedding dress.  A bit bittersweet for me because my grandmother was not there  nor was my best friend  but I did have the right people next to me and I had the most fun I've had in a long time.  Not expecting to buy a dress at all this soon, I did find the perfect dress and even had my picture taken with the designer; a once in a lifetime opportunity.  I purchased my dress in Chicago at Evas Bridals of Oaklawn.

Image
A large weight off my back has been finding a wedding planner.  I will not name her yet but I believe I have found what is going to save me from pulling my hair out.  With me being in North Carolina and having my wedding in Chicago, my family and I have decided that investing in a wedding planner will be worth it.  I am extremely happy and relieved.  SN- Remember the movie "The Wedding Planner"?

Image

Although this particular point is not on my list, I am looking forward to premarital counseling.  This will be done at my church in Chicago.  Anyway that I can better myself and my life I am down for.  In this, I know I will learn something new and amazing and something that will make and help my marriage with Jay become stronger than if we go in without counseling.  We have an entire day of counseling in September. SN- Trinity never ceases to amaze me with the knowledge and the power the staff has.  Here is a link giving a definition of premarital counseling.

Plenty of information on my progress but I am no where near done.  Hope you enjoyed!!  Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns.

Christa




    1 comment:

    1. Congrats again....really proud of u and jay...love u both dearly.

      ReplyDelete