Monday, July 30, 2012

Pescetarian Diet


Image



So most of you may know that I am on a Pescetarian diet....

Pescetarianism (also spelled Pescatarian) is the practice of a diet that includes seafood but not the flesh of other animals.

I started this a little over a month ago and I am still going strong. This is for discipline, health and because I watched this documentary on meat and was disturbed.... and if I lose some weight in the interim I wouldn’t be upset.  I had already been thinking about doing this but I also ran across a video by one of my fave YOUTUBERS, MsVaughnTV (check her out HERE), and this motivated me more.

I thought that sharing my journey with you will help me stay on track…hence the discipline.  I hope to continue this for the rest of my life but my short term goal is until the wedding.  I'll be sharing recipes I've recently tried with you from some of my favorite blogs and apps.  I'll also be sharing the ups and the downs (the cravings I have for a nice juicy burger are enormous!). 

I have noticed some changes while on this diet.  My nails are a lot stronger, I have a lot more energy during the day (I am anemic so this may have helped with my iron levels), my tummy has slimmed down and I have lost a little weight.  When I started I was 144lbs and now I am 140lbs.  Cool!

Below is the video that helped inspire me.




Inspiring right!!!

Thanks for reading,
Christa



1 comment:

  1. EXCELLENT! Thanks for sharing this wonderful information Christa!!
    Auntie Toni

    ReplyDelete